I came up with these flowers one day when I was in a crafty mood and now I’m completely obsessed with them. I wear them in different colors nearly every day… it’s kind of a problem.
A few things to note:
- I used an alligator clip for the back, but feel free to replace with any other types of bobby pins/clips you have handy. Or use a pin-back to make a cute brooch! Oooooh, I like the way I think.
- With these flowers I used a lightweight, silky fabric. Do you love how specific I am? Haha, I really am no expert, just make sure not to get too heavy of material because the edges will just burn and turn brown on you.
- When singeing the fabric, BE FREAKING CAREFUL. I’ve burned fingers, clothes, and my bangs. You don’t actually have to touch the flame to the fabric to singe it and make it curl up, and you can easily catch the entire thing on fire.
- Also, there’s no rhyme or reason to the size or shapes of the flower petals. Mine turned out to be about 2.5 inches wide, but do what you want!
Experiment with different colors, fabrics and beads for the center. Have fun with it & please let me know if you made one!
My Other Tutorials:
- Tutorial – Fancy Ruffled Shoe ClipsShoe clips are a fun little accessory that can add life and bit of fanciness...
- Tutorial: Springy RingsI’m sure these tutorials of mine are all starting to look the same. That’s because...
- Classic Felt Flowers – TutorialFirst of all, I have to give credit where credit is due. This amazing lady...