I’m trying this new thing today called Not Going Nuts. It’s all about not going nuts. Quite the concept, right?
No but really, I’m on the brink of a nesting-related meltdown. I am sitting at work right now, unable to concentrate on anything because of the list of things I have to do RIGHTTHISSECOND or I may in fact, die.
(Don’t question me on this… I’ve dropped dead at least 30 times in my life due to an ailment I like to refer to as Dramatics. It’s very real.)
I have accumulated so much makeup/hair/beauty-related junk under my bathroom sinks that I can’t think of doing anything but going through it all, tossing the old stuff and neatly organizing my nail polishes by color in a nice little basket. Or quite possibly lining them all up on a several little shelves on the wall like they do in the nail salon.
Actuallyyyyyy… that’s not that bad of an idea—NO, MORGAN! Focus.
Or how about working on those 4 tutorials I have in mind for this blog? Like the yarn wreath I promised I’d do like, a year ago? Or more like a month ago, but whatever? I’ll get to it, I promise.
This weekend I was super productive and I’m trying to keep that in mind right now. I am only one woman after all. I should be proud I accomplished the following in my beached whale-like state:
- Washed/folded/put away 4 loads of laundry, including teeny tiny baby boy clothes (eeee!)
- Went to dinner with friends
- Organized kids’ room & closet
- Made flag pennant to hang in kid’s room
- Decorated kids’ room with new wall art
- Made a cute blanket for Jack
- Made some hair clips for a friend’s baby girl
- Attended a wedding
- Went grocery shopping
- Scrubbed down kitchen
- Dusted/vacuumed entire apartment
- Painted two thrifted frames, hung them up in our bedroom
- Organized Maddie’s 5 billion books
- Organized Maddie’s 5 billion shoes
- Lost 2lbs (Not kidding. There was no time for nacho consumption this weekend.)
I’m a machine… but an extremely exhausted machine.
I do have a little over a month left until the baby is supposed to arrive. There’s time to organize my nail polishes and you know what? If it doesn’t get done before Jack is born, oh well! OR I’ll just do it the day we come home from the hospital. I’ll need that extra space under the counters to store all my mesh-granny-panty-post-partum-yucky-supplies anyway. Priorities.
(HOLY CRAP. Just realized I need to make a list and pack the hospital bag. I don’t even remember what I’m supposed to bring. Something to do with a coming home outfit and nipple ointment. Haven’t I done this before?)
…This isn’t working.