You saw that right… TOILET PAPER pumpkins. :) Don’t be grossed out… no one will be able to tell what’s in these little cuties by the time you’re finished.
- A roll of toilet paper
- Fat quarter of fabric
- A few sheets of tissue paper (or one sheet of newspaper would do)
- I forgot to include this in the photo, but a stick of wood, about 8 inches long.
- Optional: Ribbon to tie around the stem. I didn’t end up using it, so just pretend it’s not in the photo. :)
First things first: smash your toilet paper roll. And no, I didn’t coordinate my bracelets to the fabric JUST for this photoshoot. How dare you think that.
Next, you’ll need to place the toilet paper roll in the center of the tissue paper. Start wrapping the tissue over the roll and tucking the edges into the center. I found it helpful to start with the shorter sides first, then ended with the corners… it stays put that way.
When you’re finished wrapping the roll in tissue paper, repeat the process with your fabric. You can secure it with hot glue if it’s not laying properly, but really, messy is totally acceptable. That’s what I tell myself to keep my OCD in check.
Now take a stick (which I didn’t include in the supplies shot because I hadn’t yet snatched a branch from our neighbors tree) and jam it in the center. It might take some wiggling, but once it’s in there, the fabric will hold pretty well.
Now that took you a total of what, 5 minutes, not including the time it took you to sneak into your neighbors yard and steal a tree limb, right? SO EASY. :)
- The Public Restroom ExperiencePublic restrooms are my own personal hell. It seems that every time I use one...
- Bib Clips – A Simple DIY for MomsIf you’re like me, you forget to pack a bib in the diaper bag every...
- Quick DIY: Mickey Mason Jar CenterpieceHello, lovely faces! Over the weekend, I came up with a simple centerpiece idea for...