With the weather change (HALLELUJAH! RAIN!), we’ve been spending a lot of time inside and you know, going nuts. Oh, who am I kidding, we’re always going nuts. This past week, it was actually cold outside and it just put me in the mood to cozy up and get crafty. There was plenty of hot tea and maybe one particular pair of extremely comfortable and not at all attractive sweat pants involved. It was just the right thing to do.
I looked online for projects that would 1) involve my kids & keep them entertained for a minimum of 5 minutes (not asking for much here) and 2) not require me to go on a trek to the craft store and spend any extra money because it’s December and yeah. You understand.
Here are a few simple crafts I’m sure you’ve all seen a million times, but they were fun and helped add a little cheer to our home.
- Craft paint and a brush
- Chubby baby feet & hands
- Bravery… (paint + toddlers = yeah, no.)
- An empty milk jug (gallon)
- Red, black and yellow felt – red for his hat, black/yellow for his belt
- Red, tan, black and white craft paint & brush
- Cotton ballz
This one took a little bit of time, but Maddie loved it. She glued all the cotton balls on by herself and painted his face and body. Jack lay there like a slug. It was his only defense. Jk, I might be watching A Christmas Story. He actually helped paint Santa’s body for about 5 seconds before he got bored and started digging through our trash can.
I wish I was joking.
And then there was the felt tree and ornaments I made in hopes of keeping their little grubby paws distracted and far, far away from my tree and expensive breakable ornaments. It’s actually working!
- Felt, felt, felt.
For her birthday, I made Maddie a Hello Kitty headband which she obviously hated. I took photos of the process, which was really simple actually, and am going to try to get a tutorial up for you guys this next week. Is it even necessary though? It’s seriously so simple.
Here are some other things I hope to get to in the next few weeks:
I’m interested to know what your little creative selves have been up to. I know you have some good ideas to share!
- “Craft Crap”A few years ago my Great Grandma Mary Jo said she was cleaning out her...
- Five Unfriendly OwlsSo apparently, I’m really into repurposing toilet paper rolls. I found this idea on —...
- Quick DIY: Mickey Mason Jar CenterpieceHello, lovely faces! Over the weekend, I came up with a simple centerpiece idea for...