I apologize for the lack of posting lately. It seems as though blueberry sized babies have the freakish ability to suck every last ounce of energy from your bloated little body, leaving you on the brink of falling asleep at any given moment. And don’t even test me right now because I already took 3 naps while writing this paragraph.
New this week: I HATE CHICKEN! AND CHEESE! AND SALSA! AND EVERYTHING I LOVED 3 DAYS AGO.
And I am bloated. Like, really bloated. See this picture?
99% gas, 1% baby. It’s gross, really. I could totally double as a life raft with all the air that I have in there.
I would also like to take a moment to salute the women who are able to keep their pregnancy under wraps until the 12th week because HOLY CRAP, complaining about my symptoms to everyone who makes eye contact is the only thing getting me through right now. You women are my heroes.
Holy puke, Batman.
My, what a naive and obnoxious little thing I was the first time around. “MY morning sickness only lasted a few weeks! teehee!” Morgan, I will slap you. This time around, I don’t know if it’s because I know what symptoms to expect, or that someone has a voodoo doll of me and is beating the living crap out of it, but man. Pregnancy symptoms are kicking my rapidly expanding butt.
- My boobs are back and they… are… magnificent! Oh, hi! Yeah, I tend to talk about my boobs a lot, especially during pregnancy. Welcome to my overly-informative world.
- My hair and nails are already looking the best they have in ages. Goooooooo, prenatal vitamins!
- My boobs are back. (Sorry, they deserves two bullet points. One for each, naturally.)
- Like, I said, the morning sickness. I have only been able to eat pretzels so far today. Yummy.
- Super-human senses. It’s SO weird… my coworker ate his lunch before I walked into his office, and I was all “Where’s the peanut butter and jelly? IT SMELLS SOOOO GOOD!” He was all, “I ate it 20 minutes ago.” I put this under “The Bad” because I am also able to smell a variety of other not-so-pleasant odors REALLY well. Like bad cologne and farts. :(
- My mood. Oh my gosh, I am a hormonal mess. Ever cry for no reason? Then start laughing because you have no idea why you’re crying? There’s nothing quite like it.
- Sweating. And my body could provide warmth for a small village. It’s almost too much cuteness to handle.
- In a nutshell? MY FACE. My skin sucks and I look SO tired and haggard. Thank heaven for my husband who has been totally cool with me taking so many naps.
Good news! The first ultrasound has been scheduled, so that’s something to look forward to! These first several weeks are pretty much just a big ball of puke and pudginess, so seeing the little bug will be an exciting reminder of why I’m going through it all. :)