Alright. So you either know someone who has had a baby or you’ve had one yourself. The period after the baby is born is a rough transition — schedules are all out of whack, you’re operating on 2 hours of sleep some days, plus, HELLO? there’s a new person in your life that you’re completely responsible for and who can’t do anything for themselves.
Relationships change. Priorities change. YOU change.
With that thought in mind, I’d like some feedback from you all, if you’d be so kind.
Questions for Moms:
- Did your maternity leave spill over onto your relationships?
- Did your friends feel neglected and hurt because they weren’t a priority?
- Were you irritated by their lack of understanding?
- How did you manage to get everything back into balance?
- Or have you not figured it out?
Questions for friends/relatives of Moms:
- What do you miss most about your friendship/relationship with a new parent?
- What would be an acceptable amount of time for the new parent to invest into your friendship?
- Would you rather them not bring the husband/baby when you do see them?
Any other questions or comments are welcome. Thanks!