Editor’s Note: Hi, this is Justin, I’m writing this as a surprise for Morgan for Mother’s Day. Hopefully I don’t embarrass her.
I wanted to tell you how much I adore and appreciate you, and that after each day I find something new to love about you. Here are some of the things you do that make me smile:
- Those goofy hearts you draw all over my things (on my papers, windshield, in the dust on my desk)
- How you’ll only eat the “red” flavor regardless of what type of candy or food product
- The song and movie quotes you’ll blurt out at unexpected times to make me laugh
- Insects you discover in the house are always described as being “HUGE” and if I don’t immediately dispatch of them I’m quickly reminded that it is my duty to protect my family from the creepy-crawlies
- The cell phone snapshots you send me during the work day to remind me of you
- How your feet lay flat when you lay on your back. Then how you rebuke me for my feet not being normal like yours.
- How you’ll trick me into giving you back rubs
- That look of determination when we’re playing Halo or doing anything else that requires you to focus (head tilted down, jaw slightly out, eyes looking up)
OK, so those weren’t all that serious, but there are so many things that you do for Maddie and I want you to know they don’t go unnoticed.
You are the most thoughtful person I know; going out of your way to do something special for those you love. You’re also a freaking hot mom! Thank you for not thinking I’m not creepy when you catch me checking you out, haha.
You have been supportive of me this past year and a half in my decision to go into business for myself. Even though you knew it was a risk, you still trusted me. Through the low points you have been in my corner to build me up and help me work through them.
You’ve made a great sacrifice by working full-time when I know you’d much rather be home with Maddie. You’ve given me an incredibly sweet and beautiful daughter, and you mother her so well. You really were born to be a mom, you’re a natural. Waking up first every morning to get her up and fed before you take care of yourself. You’re an amazing wife and mother; we are very blessed to have you caring for us.
Morgan, I am head over heels in love with you, and I’m so excited about what the future holds for us as a couple and as a family. I thank God that I’m so lucky to have you as my partner in all of this, I love you so much. Happy 1st Mothers Day!