Have you checked out 1000 Awesome Things yet? It’s quickly making it’s way up my list of favorite daily reads. The premise is simple — each post is dedicated to an every day occurrence/object/scenario that is … well, awesome! Some of the things are just SO true, they crack me up.
A few of my favorites include, #990 Picking up a q and a u at the same time in Scrabble, #925 Watching ‘The Price Is Right’ when you’re at home sick, #886 High fiving babies, #876 Taking your bra off after wearing it for hours, & #839 Really good candy with your bill at a restaurant (it even has an Olive Garden Andes mints reference).
I just love the whole idea of appreciating the small things, so I came up with a little list of my own Awesome Things that are based on actual, recent experiences in my life.
- Freaking out over feeling a bug crawling on your arm, then going to swat at it and realizing it was just a piece of your hair.
- Waking up with a giant pimple on your forehead that you can — HALLELUJAH! — effortlessly cover up with your new bangs.
- Still being able to remember and perform the entire cheesy song/dance/cheer scene from that one chick flick that you watched about 300 times back in the day (She’s All That, Bring It On, Parent Trap, anyone?)
- Slipping on a pair of wrinkled pants that are so tight, the need for an iron is automatically eliminated.
- Being able to cover scuff marks on a pair of black heels with that old bottle of black nail polish your friends made fun of you for buying a few years back.
- Successfully peeling off an entire fingernail’s worth of polish in one big, clean swipe.
- Grabbing a tissue/handkerchief just in time to catch a sneeze.
- Catching only the last few notes of your favorite song on the radio, then switching to another station and hearing it START.
- When someone surprises you at work with your favorite coffee drink (per recent convo with Alyssa).
Have any to add?