My hilarious friend Crystal, who I considered my internet BFF twin, tagged me as a Truly Authentic Mom. I’ve been sitting here for about an hour trying to come up with 5 things that qualify me as one… it’s kind of embarrassing how long this is taking me.
ANYWAY. Here are 5 things that you may not know about me and Maddie (four hours later):
1. Madeline hasn’t slept one night in our bed with us, ever. When she was new-new, I was afraid I would roll over on top and squish her with my giganto-self, so she slept in the bassinet next to me. At one month, we put her in the crib and she’s slept through the entire night ever since. Co-sleeping is just not for me. I don’t share blankets.
2. Though I once confessed to listening to Lady Gaga while Maddie was in the car with me, I’ve actually become very sensitive and protective of what she’s exposed to. We save TV shows (Dexter is not exactly toddler material) and movies for after her bedtime, which in turn has bumped up the amount of quality time we spend together in the evenings. Love it.
3. I do turn on Yo Gabba Gabba to keep her distracted while I get ready for work in the morning though.
DJ Lance Rock, I love you and your fuzzy orange hat. But the songs. THE SONGS. I’ve been singing “Don’t be afraid, don’t be afraid, don’t be afraid… it’s okay!” since the weekend and I kind of want to die.
4. I just tried to get her to eat those baby cheese ravioli things and she flat out REFUSED. She waved her arms around, spit it out and seemed pretty pissed at me that I’d even try to give her something other than sweet potatoes. I was like, “What is the big flippin’ deal, sister?”, ate one myself and you know what?? It was delicious.
5. You know that whole thing about socks mysteriously disappearing? Well, tiny baby socks are 8,000 times worse than big people socks. I’ve pretty much given up on trying to match them up and just buy a new pack at Target every week. It’s just easier that way.