Hello, lovely faces!
Over the weekend, I came up with a simple centerpiece idea for a Mickey Mouse themed baby shower. I pretty much just used the supplies I had on hand and –> FAIL <-– didn’t take photos of the process, but it’s easy enough to explain.
Materials for base:
- A mason jar
- Red filler (Red Hots, red M&M’s, Hot Tamales are great candy options) – BUY ENOUGH SO YOU DON’T HAVE TO IMPROVISE WITH TISSUE PAPER, MMK?
- Two white buttons
Materials for Mickey’s head:
- Go chop off Mickey Mouse’s head… if you laughed, you need help.
- 1 Large Styrofoam ball
- 2 Small Styrofoam balls
- 1 wooden dowel
- 2 toothpicks
- Black paint & brush (I used acrylic craft paint)
- Paint the Styrofoam balls black and allow to dry for a few hours.
- Stick the dowel in the large Styrofoam ball. If it wiggles around too much, use some glue to secure it inside the “head”.
- Put a toothpick inside each smaller Styrofoam ball and stick them into the larger one to form a head with ears.
- Fill the mason jar with red candy (or whatever your brilliant little mind came up with) and stick the dowel in the center. My mason jars were on the smallish side, so I had to saw the dowel in half for this to work. Also, I ran out of Red Hots and since the party was 2 hours away, I improvised with red tissue paper for the top portion. YOU DON’T HAVE TO. It looks cheesy, dude. I’m aware.
- Glue the two white buttons on the front of the jar.
I think if I had more time, these would’ve turned out better. Can you imagine how cute a Minnie one would be? A bow on top? Adding little skirt somehow? STOPPIT RIGHT NOW.
(Also, the chevron towel is from Target. I saw you eyeballin’ it.)