Well, would you look at that? Summer is here. Yayyyyy. I am so excited I could do a dance. A dance that involves my middle fingers waving at the sun. I am sweaty. I am grubby. I am hot.
As much as summer makes me hulk rage, I still need to pull my melting self together and at least try to look good. Maybe then I’ll know what it feels like to smile.
Note: I really shouldn’t write posts while PMS’ing. Two days in a row? I’m sorry, guys. It’s been a rough one!
Here are some of my current beauty favorites that are helping me through this California summer.
1. Wet n Wild MegaGlo Illuminating Powder in Catwalk Pink – I just recommended this powder to a friend who was looking to brighten and freshen up the look of her skin. You get so much product for your money (mine doesn’t even have a dent and I’ve used it every day for nearly 2 months!) and it is perfect for that summery ‘dewy’ look without being overly sparkly. They have a few other shades available if you need a good bronzer.
2. Jordana INCOLOR Fabuliner (liquid eyeliner) – ZEE BEST. For someone who does a cat eye on the reg., I appreciate the fine tip and staying power of this stuff. It’s incredibly easy to apply, it stays ALL day and it’s $2.99! I bought mine online, but I’ve seen this brand of cosmetics for sale at the grocery store. Take a peek next time you’re shopping. SO worth it.
3. Braun Silk-épil 5 – Okay, I wasn’t sure about using an epilator for hair removal, but HELLO, CONVERT HERE! Yes, it stings a bit at first, but you toughen up quickly. I’ve been using it every 3 weeks on my arms (which I never realized were hairy until recently, ew) and my legs every 2 weeks. No need to do it any more than that! This little contraption is SO flipping amazing and I am in love.
Attention! Attention! Giveaway for this awesome epilator is coming soon!
4. L’Oreal Colour Riche nail polish in Butterfly Kisses – A soft purple/pink shade with a little shimmer… LOVE.
5. Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment – Picked this little baby up at Sally’s a few months ago on a whim and now I use it in my hair all the time. I’ve started using it more frequently since I’m in the pool so much and it’s been doing a fab job keeping my hair soft and the ends moisturized. The best part? It smells freaking delicious. I also put it on my food. Just kidding, that’s sick.
6. NYX Round Lipstick in Summer Love – Another online purchase, but they sell tons of shades at Ulta. These lipsticks are very inexpensive and many of them are dupes for MAC. This particular color is an awesome nude. It glides on so smoothly and stays put. I may or may not have purchased like 10 of these at once because there are just too many gorgeous colors to choose just one.
You know what’s next… chime in with your favorites in the comments! I would love to hear your current recommendations. I can’t promise I won’t start crying for no reason at all while reading them though.