I absolutely love this necklace, but with the $70 price tag I was like, ummmmmm… let me try.
(What can I say? I be cheap.)
- leather scraps (I found mine on clearance at the fabric store, but you could just as easily cut up an old purse or jacket or… pants? hee)
- acrylic paint & paintbrush
- necklace chain & jump rings
- thin ribbon
- a thick needle
Cut out several triangles from your leather. I ended up using 9 for this necklace.
This part was definitely an experiment. Being that I was using only supplies I had on hand at home & was trying to make this as cheap of a project as possible, acrylic paint was my only option. I’m no expert on paint, but I’m sure there’s another type that will last longer and hold up better. For now though, this works.
I poked teeny little holes in the flags with a needle, looped the jump rings through, and linked them all together side by side. About halfway through this process I thought to myself, “AHHH. Why didn’t I just glue this to the chain?”. It would’ve been a lot easier to assemble it that way, but I am no quitter. No siree.
(But I really, really wanted to.)
Attach the necklace chain to both ends of the linked flags. Tie a sweet little ribbon to the chain and call it a day… you’re done, sista.
The total cost for this knock-off necklace was about $5, since the only thing I purchased was the leather. Not too shabby!
Pregnant Britney, you just made it so easy for me to decide this year. Bring on the frappuccinos!
And in case you weren’t around this time last year when we were discussing costume ideas, here’s a little glimpse of the horror:
Have you decided what you’re going to be this year?
She was a little distracted, but were you able to make out what she said?
(By the way, I’m not having a ‘bubble’…)
Look over to your right. Do you see that little Facebook box that says Become a Fan? Did you know that if you click that cute little button, it automatically makes you one of my favorite people IN THE UNIVERSE? It’s true.
Make me look cool and popular to all my family in Mississippi please. Thanks. :)
Editor’s Note: Hi, this is Justin, I’m writing this as a surprise for Morgan for Mother’s Day. Hopefully I don’t embarrass her.
I wanted to tell you how much I adore and appreciate you, and that after each day I find something new to love about you. Here are some of the things you do that make me smile:
- Those goofy hearts you draw all over my things (on my papers, windshield, in the dust on my desk)
- How you’ll only eat the “red” flavor regardless of what type of candy or food product
- The song and movie quotes you’ll blurt out at unexpected times to make me laugh
- Insects you discover in the house are always described as being “HUGE” and if I don’t immediately dispatch of them I’m quickly reminded that it is my duty to protect my family from the creepy-crawlies
- The cell phone snapshots you send me during the work day to remind me of you
- How your feet lay flat when you lay on your back. Then how you rebuke me for my feet not being normal like yours.
- How you’ll trick me into giving you back rubs
- That look of determination when we’re playing Halo or doing anything else that requires you to focus (head tilted down, jaw slightly out, eyes looking up)
OK, so those weren’t all that serious, but there are so many things that you do for Maddie and I want you to know they don’t go unnoticed.
You are the most thoughtful person I know; going out of your way to do something special for those you love. You’re also a freaking hot mom! Thank you for not thinking I’m not creepy when you catch me checking you out, haha.
You have been supportive of me this past year and a half in my decision to go into business for myself. Even though you knew it was a risk, you still trusted me. Through the low points you have been in my corner to build me up and help me work through them.
You’ve made a great sacrifice by working full-time when I know you’d much rather be home with Maddie. You’ve given me an incredibly sweet and beautiful daughter, and you mother her so well. You really were born to be a mom, you’re a natural. Waking up first every morning to get her up and fed before you take care of yourself. You’re an amazing wife and mother; we are very blessed to have you caring for us.
Morgan, I am head over heels in love with you, and I’m so excited about what the future holds for us as a couple and as a family. I thank God that I’m so lucky to have you as my partner in all of this, I love you so much. Happy 1st Mothers Day!