When I threw a bridal shower for my friend a few weeks ago, we played a game called Purse Raid. I had a long list of items – some common, some completely random – and the point was to see which lady was carrying the most in their purse. As I read off the list, I was surprised at the results… I had no idea some people really do carry pepper spray!
The inspiration for this post is partially from the game we played at the shower, but I’ve also seen a blog-tag-what’s-in-your-purse type of thing circulating…
So I’ll get the ball rolling and tag myself!
- My Fauch (faux Coach) wallet
- Address Book
- Victoria’s Secret Free Panty coupon
- “Indulge” 2-month-old birthday card (from Shea)
- The Other Boleyn Girl paperback… loving it.
- Black sunglasses & brown (gotta have backups)
- Dingy makeup bag
- Jane loose face powder
- OPI polish – Shoot Out at the O.K. Coral (I’m bad & paint them at work)
- Great Shakes hand lotion
- Sour Mango Altoids
- Plastic Easter egg… the jellybeans from inside were eaten long ago!
- Gold leaf earrings
- Random pen from work
- Pink Razr… so old and dying.
- Wintermint Orbit gum
- My car keys, complete with Blockbuster Rewards card
Very sad, is it not?
Stephanie, Alyssa, Caitlyn, Tammy, Talia & Lisa — Tag! What’s in your purse?
Blake Lively is just too cute for words. And her outfit — GLORIOUS!
Okay, I have a small confession… while sitting at my desk at work (as I am right now — minimize screen power!), my mind is usually on everything BUT my job. One of the most distracting sites on the planet is InStyle.com. I could honestly sit and browse through The Look of the Day for hours (and I have). I get so inspired by all the well-dressed women, and often try to recreate the looks on my own for a lot less money.
Blake Lively’s look just caught my eye for some reason — it’s so crisp and effortless. So, I found some similar items online and just might have to try it out for myself…
So, what do you all think? Please tell me I’m not the only copy cat!
…thy neighbor’s shoes. Not that I know anyone personally who owns a pair of Louboutins, but if I did, you better believe I’d be hopping that neighbor’s fence, breaking into that neighbor’s closet and ‘borrowing’ them. For life.
And yes, this is my entire post. :)
Oh, hi Mary Kate. Quick question… How do you manage to walk upright and not spill your coffee while carrying three times your body weight in accessories?
Okay. I am a jewelry and accessory maniac, but 10+ all at once? Ouch, my eyes.
It’s always been my personal preference to look effortlessly stylish and less gypsy-esque. Over the years, I’ve been acquainted with many ‘rules of thumb’ when it comes to accessorizing. As silly as some of these sound, they really do work!
- I once heard a woman say that before you leave your house, stand in front of a mirror and do a little twirl. Whatever catches your eye in the mirror as your spinning (I warned you, didn’t I?) is making too much of a statement and you should take it off.
- No matter where you’re headed, as you’re walking out the door remove one unnecessary item.
- Accessories should never exceed the amount of seven. This includes glasses, bold nail polish, a wedding ring, and earrings count as two.
So there you have it. Simple, silly, and obvious tips to avoid looking like a gypsy. But hey, if head scarves and tambourines are your thing, by all means, work it.
My lovely friend Stephanie tagged me, so I guess I better cooperate!
There are 4 simple rules to this fun game of internet tag.
- Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
- Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
- Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
- Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
- I met my sweet husband on Myspace. Don’t judge… we’re happy and in love and only slightly geeky. :)
- If there was such a thing as rehab for shoe addicts, I would commit myself.
- I really can’t handle rude people. I always have something smart to say back to them, but end up keeping my mouth shut… why would I want to sink to that level? (she says to convince herself…)
- Since we’re talking about pet peeves, I’ll name a few more: ending sentences with prepositions, unpainted toenails, when people slurp and don’t bother to blow their nose (Steph knows what I mean), when towels aren’t folded to my anal-retentive standard, and boys who wear girl pants.
- I love caffeine in the form of coffee or tea. Sodas aren’t my thing, but I’ll take a vanilla soy latte any time of the day!
- Road Rage is my middle name. If you’ve ever been in the car with me, you understand.
- I’m going to have a baby. Yay!
Now I tag…
Shea, Anna, Anna, Tara, Jordan, Becca, & Christa