I haven’t posted anything legit in about 2 weeks. Let’s put an end to this madness right here. I wish I could say I’ve been doing cool things and didn’t have time to post because I’m busy and important, buuuuuut… SO not the case.
So what have I been doing with my time?
- Pwning face and taking names at Halo 3. No, I’m serious. You can even ask Steph’s Cale.
- Chasing around my 6 month old CRAWLING daughter
- Untangling crawling daughter out of the TV cords she loves to roll around in. (I swear I’m a good mother)
- Making a butt ton of bows for Shea’s bow tees
- NOT going to Vegas, crying about it a little, then getting happy again knowing I was missed (LOVE you guys and I’m totally in next year!)
- Attempting to make cute, crafty things to post and share with you all but failing miserably. No seriously… I should submit these fuglies to Craft Fail.
There has also been a considerable amount of VH1 reality show viewing, fake tanning, and two at-home dye jobs gone terribly awry. I know… you want to be me.
A week or so ago I scored a couple picture frames from a local thrift shop for about a dollar each. Take a look at these babies…
I mean, who wouldn’t want a creepy horse-lady-bride-staring-at-the-moon painting? Yikes.
(I actually kept these in the shopping bag until I the second I was ready to paint them because I just couldn’t handle the creep factor. I’m serious.)
A few coats of spray paint and an adorable mini print from Wren and Chickadee gives you something much easier on the eye.
I’m not sure yet, but I think this little squirrel might be making it’s home in our kitchen.
Also, I am now fully addicted to spray painting. Addicted, I tell you. You can’t even step out onto our back porch… dozens of little knick-knacks are sitting out there on old sheets of newspaper, awaiting their fate. I’ve already painted an old shelf, some baby food jars and a leaf. Why, I don’t even know.
It’s becoming a problem.
Oh my gosh, I completely forgot that song existed until I was trying to think of a title for this post. Reading Rainboooooooow, good times.
Now that I got that out of my system… A PROJECT!
After being so heavily inspired by these Recycled Magazine Collages, I wanted to make something similar for my craft area (which I’m DYING to show you, but it’s not quite finished). Instead of taking five years to pick out magazine pages to use, I opted for a few sheets from my gargantuan paper collection.
Forgive the imperfections. As I was cutting out these little suckers, American Idol was on in the background. I kept looking up at the tv and criticizing the contestants and had to remind myself that, OH! You have a pair of sharp scissors in your hand!
I may have maimed a few butterflies in the process.
Here’s a more clear photo of the headband I made for the little miss. It’s a bit frayed on the edges and a little lopsided, but I think I like it like that.
And last night I decided to make a headband for myself… because it’s just not fair that Madeline gets all the cute accessories when she doesn’t even have hair yet. :)
After analyzing this video to death, I’ve realized:
- I should never, ever chew gum again.
- Must work on not acting like a total snob because I just realized I act like a total snob. Gag.
- I do like the Bump It, even if I do somewhat resemble a pageant contestant. Va-va voom.
So, yes. Bump It. If you watch the video on their site, you’ll agree it’s probably the cheesiest thing you’ve ever seen… but are you not somewhat intrigued?
It’s basically just a plastic insert that you put in your hair to give it some volume. At first, I wasn’t sure if I was okay with my head being so freakishly tall, but I toned it down a bit and it ended up being alright I think. Feedback is welcome. :)
And that headband with the big flower I had on the girl was made out of this old shirt:
I was glad — giddy, even — to see that big pink circus tent go. Yay for getting rid of maternity clothes! Let’s just pray I don’t need them again for a while.
No seriously… pray. I think I would die.